Contributions help cover Temple expenses.
Learn more about contributions.
Subrahmanya/Karthikeya is the second son of Lord Shiva and Parvathi. Karthikeya represents the serpent god. He is also known as Kumara, Karthikeya, Shanmukha, Subrahmanya, Skanda, and many other Sanskrit names. His wives are Devasena and Valli. Karthikeya tends to the spiritual growth of aspirants. He takes care of health, family life, healthy children, and assets such as land, etc.
Those who are suffering with Rahu, Ketu, and those having sarpa shap (curse of the snake) should worship Karthikeya by performing this Subrahmanya/Karthikeya Havan.
If a person has the curse of the snake, there is a problem with the kundalini energy. These are some signs:
- Marital problems
- Problems getting married
- Having all girls and no boys
- Long-standing unresolved problems
- Negative thinking and problems interacting with people to the point that most interactions are negative or give a negative result
- Hearing problems from birth
- Skin diseases (psoriasis, etc.)
- Intestinal problems
If all the planets in the Vedic birth chart are between Rahu and Ketu (Kalasarpa Dosha) when going clockwise, that is another sign of the curse of the snake.
To avoid all of these problems, it is good to perform this Havan.