Located in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Western North Carolina, Sri Somesvara Temple is a Vedic Shiva temple at the center of Mount Soma, a community commonly referred to as “Mount Kailash of the West.” People travel great distances to experience Sri Somesvara’s powerful Linga, profound silence, and timeless vibrations. If you want to feel the presence of Lord Shiva, go to Mount Soma.
What Makes Sri Somesvara Unique?
- Sri Somesvara is an authentic Vedic temple, 100% Vastu, and employs Vedic technology in all ceremonies.
- Shilpis hand-carved 46 tons of granite from India to create the deities, shrines, and entryway.
- Sri Somesvara is located at Mount Soma, a place of pilgrimage for those seeking spiritual knowledge.
- The purity of the Deities and Pandit is held to the highest standards.
- The focus is inward, assisting everyone to find God within.
Sri Somesvara Temple was consecrated on May 16, 2011 after five days of ceremonies. Learn more about the history of the Temple.
“We are blessed to have this Shiva Temple with complete Vaastu Design. This place will be blessed to have the profound influence of divine spiritual energy to perform regular Vedic rituals. We will be with Peace and Harmony. This temple and Mount Soma will become a wonderful place of pilgrimage for devoted spiritual seekers.”
“This is very excellent temple. 100% perfect Vaastu, very rare. All dimensions and bindu points 100% accurate. Along with Kauai Temple, this is the first Vedic Vastu Temple in America. Like an American Himalayan Temple. Mount Soma is a very excellent and pleasant peaceful place to visit, perfect for this great Temple.”