During this time, we are conforming to all government guidelines. They are subject to change and we will adjust as appropriate to conform to all regulations.
- Limited opening May 9 of Temple, Visitor Center and Mount Soma Kitchen.
- Maximum of 10 people inside the Temple at a time.
- Loudspeakers will be used at the Temple to broadcast Pujas outside.
- Guests can congregate outside of the Temple in the yard and and Temple park in multiple groups of 10 or less, maintaining social distance between groups.
- We suggest bringing blankets or chairs.
- Wearing of masks is encouraged.
- Take out meals only will be available for purchase at the Mount Soma kitchen on weekends and holidays. Outdoor dining is available according to guidelines. Indoor dining is currently not allowed, but indoor occupancy in commercial buildings is allowed up to 50% capacity. That will change as regulations allow. No meals will be available on weekdays at this time.
- Lodging is not available at this time.
- Offering baskets are not available at this time.
- Doors open from 9:30am to 1:30pm
- Doors closed from 1:30pm to 3:30pm
- Doors open from 3:30pm to 6:30pm
For a schedule of daily, monthly, and annual Pujas/Havans, please visit the Calendar.
To sponsor Rudrabhishekam for 1 day, 1 month, or 1 year, please click here.
Almost all Sri Somesvara ceremonies can be sponsored. Find out more.
Please do not use GPS when visiting Sri Somesvara Temple as it often gets people lost for 2 hours. Click here for good directions.
Go to the Sri Somesvara Home Page. If there is snow, ice, or conditions that affect the roads, you will see a weather warning in red letters at the top of the page. For detailed weather information, click here.
How Do I Volunteer?
For additional information or questions, please call us at 828-531-9945 and leave a message. All messages are checked at least 3 times daily and calls are usually returned 10-11 am, 2-3 pm, and 6:45-7:30 pm.
We at Sri Somesvara Temple look forward to seeing you soon!