Note: All ceremonies are free to attend.
Contributions are optional, and help cover Temple expenses.
Panditji reads contributors’ names as part of the ceremony.
Learn more about contributions.
- The Satyanarayana Puja is also available by request.
- Those who are performing this Puja should bring cooked Satyanarayana Swami Prasad.
Helpful recipes: South Indian, North Indian
The Sri Satyanarayana (Lord Vishnu) Puja is traditionally performed on the Purnima (full moon day) and Ekadashi (the night before the 11th day of the Vedic month) of every month. It is also performed on significant events, such as marriage, moving to a new house, business success, and in times of successful accomplishments. This Puja is a simple way to purify and surrender oneself to Lord Vishnu. A sincere worship of Lord Vishnu is said to grant all of your desires: spiritual and material fortune, family harmony, successful endeavors, and enlightenment.
Sri Somesvara Temple will be performing the Satyanarayana Puja on full moon days. Please join us for this powerful ceremony on these auspicious days. If you are interested in performing this Puja, please contact us to make arrangements.
The Satyanarayana puja starts with a Ganesh puja, and a prayer to the Navagrahas (the nine planets). The Trinity (Vishnu, Brahma, and Rudra) are also invoked during this Puja. The rest of the Puja consists of worship to Satyanarayana, who is considered to be the embodiment of the spiritual Truth that resides in everyone.
At the end of the Puja, five stories about the benefits of the Satyanarayana Puja are read along with their deeper meaning. According to the scriptures, during Kaliyuga, the benefit that one receives by hearing the Satyanarayana stories are enormous.
- Wednesday, January 24, 2024 time TBD*
- Friday, February 23, 2024 time TBD*
- Sunday, March 24, 2024 time TBD*
- Tuesday, April 23, 2024 time TBD*
- Wednesday, May 22, 2024 time TBD*
- Friday, June 21, 2024 time TBD*
- Saturday, July 20, 2024 time TBD*
- Sunday, August 14, 2024, time TBD*
- Wednesday, August 30, 2023 TBD
- Thursday, September 28, 2023 time TBD*
- Friday, October 27, 2023 time TBD*
- Sunday, November 16,2023 time TBD*
- Tuesday, December 26, 2023 time TBD*
* If you would like to perform this Puja, contact firstname.lastname@example.org in advance to schedule a time.