Note: All ceremonies are free to attend.
Contributions are optional, and help cover Temple expenses.
Panditji reads contributors’ names as part of the ceremony.
Learn more about contributions.
- The Satyanarayana Puja is also available by request.
- Those who are performing this Puja should bring cooked Satyanarayana Swami Prasad.
Helpful recipes: South Indian, North Indian
The Sri Satyanarayana (Lord Vishnu) Puja is traditionally performed on the Purnima (full moon day) and Ekadashi (the night before the 11th day of the Vedic month) of every month. It is also performed on significant events, such as marriage, moving to a new house, business success, and in times of successful accomplishments. This Puja is a simple way to purify and surrender oneself to Lord Vishnu. A sincere worship of Lord Vishnu is said to grant all of your desires: spiritual and material fortune, family harmony, successful endeavors, and enlightenment.
Sri Somesvara Temple will be performing the Satyanarayana Puja on full moon days. Please join us for this powerful ceremony on these auspicious days. If you are interested in performing this Puja, please contact us to make arrangements.
The Satanarayana puja starts with a Ganesh puja, and a prayer to the Navagrahas (the nine planets). The Trinity (Vishnu, Brahma, and Rudra) are also invoked during this Puja. The rest of the Puja consists of worship to Satyanarayana, who is considered to be the embodiment of the spiritual Truth that resides in everyone.
At the end of the Puja, five stories about the benefits of the Satyanarayana Puja are read along with their deeper meaning. According to the scriptures, during Kaliyuga, the benefit that one receives by hearing the Satyanarayana stories are enormous.
- Monday, January 17, time TBD*
- Tuesday, February 15, time TBD*
- Thursday, March 17, time TBD*
- Friday, April 15, time TBD*
- Sunday, May 15, time TBD*
- Monday, June 13, time TBD*
- Tuesday, July 12, time TBD*
- Thursday, August 11, time TBD*
- Friday, September 9, time TBD*
- Tuesday, October 9, time TBD*
- Monday, November 7, time TBD*
- Wednesday, December 7, time TBD*
* If you would like to perform this Puja, contact email@example.com in advance to schedule a time.