Now available year-round!
The sanskrit word “Seva” is typically defined as “selfless service.” The Mount Soma Seva Program focuses on bringing the awareness of the participant off the small self and more to the Greater Self… the True Self. When such a program is properly executed, the activity performed feeds the individual. It is a powerful evolutionary catalyst that must not be underestimated.
- Join the Mount Soma Ashram for morning and afternoon meditation rounds, and activity towards the greater good
- No Charge – room and board included
- Opportunity to attend Temple ceremonies
- Varying course length – See options below
- Application for acceptance required
Seva Course Length Options
- Two or more weeks, continuous
- Two weeks, not continuous
- Four or more weekends
Note: We reserve the right to withdraw this offer at any time.
As a Seva Program participant, you will join the Ashram for two meditations each day, morning and afternoon. In between, you will be engaged in various activities. These can range from cooking, cleaning, tasks in the flower shop to gardening, etc. Seva Course participants are welcome during the time of Surya Ram Meditation Retreats and Surya Ram Classes. During these courses, Seva Course participants will stay at 1 and 1 rounds of meditation and help to cover needed tasks during Michael Mamas lectures.
Mount Soma is a busy community and retreat center and there is much to do. If you decide to participate, you will be challenged. With that challenge comes an experience that will change your life. You will discover a part of yourself that will serve you indefinitely. No question.
Don’t miss this opportunity to experience the fullness of Mount Soma living! Apply today and spend time doing something full of meaning and depth.
- Limited number of enrollees. Early applicants have a better chance of being accepted.
- Be sure to read Prerequisites.
- It is recommended to practice Surya Ram Meditation twice daily for at least 2 weeks prior to beginning the course.
“I consider myself fortunate to come to the Mount Soma Ashram and do Seva for a month. It is a very calm, silent and sacred place. I feel the presence of Lord Hanuman. Panditji, his wife Lakshmi, and everyone at Mount Soma are kind, wonderful people. Meditation two times a day was great. Overall, I had a profound, powerful and peaceful time that is difficult to describe or define.”
– Ranjan Patel